December 4, 2013

Ladies Who Lunch.

Lots going on here.  The Farmkids finish school at the end of next week and then it will be on for young and old until we get to January.  All good fun though.

I had a lunch for some friends at The Farmhouse recently.  Thought I would quickly pop up some photos I have.  I will try and do a proper Christmas decoration post soon.  Plus I will take some photos of The Quarters - just need to get up there and clean up all the dead flies first.  I am seriously considering trying to photoshop the flies out.  Given that my vacuuming skills far outweigh my photoshop skills I may be better just cleaning I think.

Anyway.

Pretty Tables Set For Lunch




Slim Pickings In The Flower Department


Not much else to report really.  Has anyone read The Phryne Fisher Mysteries by Kerry Greenwood? I adore them and have just read the latest.  Late 1920s Melbourne is an excellent world to lose yourself in.  Phryne is such a fabulous character too.  I have finished the book and now want my own pearl handled pistol and Hispano Suiza....

Anyway - best go. Once again I am writing this in the early morning and The Farmkids are now up and demanding breakfast.

Take care and have a good day.

Christmas Tree


11 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Just commenting to say how much I love this time of year.

Hope all is well with you.

SSG xxx

cilosophy said...

I love Phryne Fisher. she is such a saucy minx and does not give a toss what people think. All while wearing a great 'do and superior couture.

Monica said...

I've just found your blog and love it! I have read all of the Phryne Fisher books, and I've just discovered the TV series on ABC on Friday night - the actor playing Phyrne does such a great job.

Merry Christmas!

Joolz said...

Love the look of those tables, everything looks so tranquil. Our Christmas is one big noisy day now that grandkids (my nieces and nephews) have had kids. I dream of a small, sit down lunch at a table set with a nice cloth and silverware and nice crockery. I'll keep dreaming while I watch the paper plates go flying off the tables out under the pergola.... Lol!

Housewife in Heels said...

Looks like you were feeding the whole town! Love the heshian table runners and the pretty flower arrangements. I'm a little late to the Christmas party- the trees up, but it's missing decorations!

jcatesby6 said...

Oh how lovely, and just love those mismatching chairs. I have mismatching chairs and just love them too.
Look forward to more witty blogs and of course photos of everything during the Festive Season.
Yes those flies ... wouldn't be an Aussie Xmas without them though!

Makeminemidcentury said...

The table looks divine! I can see you shimming around in your Liberty shorty-shorts! Your tree looks lush too! Our tree is looking decidedly 'Indian rickshaw'. I love a ladies lunch!!

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

PS never heard of the series but as a Melbourne girl i am going to read it! ta for the tip!

Domesblissity said...

You'll have to tell us what you served for lunch. Looks like you had a few guests.

Ane xx

Calypso In The Country said...

Very pretty! Love the tree!
-Shelley

Calypso In The Country said...

Very pretty!
-Shelley